Sunday 1 March 2015

Shabby Mini Album




I have been thinking about different acrylic stands available at Michaels for a long time.  Originally I wanted to make a mini recipe book with the 4 x 6" stands but feared that the sturdiness of them wouldn't be able to handle the weight of the paper and binder rings - I kept picturing them toppling over.






















Several months ago when I was standing in front of the Acrylic Basics section in Michaels Framing departments it hit.  Flip the frame down and use Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ring Binders.




I drilled holes in the centre of the acrylic to line up with the Binder Rings.  I placed a block of wood behind the acrylic to stabilize it and keep it from cracking.  The binders stay in place with brads that come with them.  Before pushing the brads through, I inserted a polkadot piece of recollections paper.  Once the brads were in place I had a cute little mini album that won't topple over.

I cut several tabbed and pocket pages to create my Shabby Mini Album.  I added some small watercolours and Project Life cards.


I used:

8 x 10 Acrylic Basics from Michaels 

Tim Holtz Ring Binder   (2 per pkg)

American Crafts Crate Paper Stack

Recollections polkadot paper

Heidi Swapp Project Life cards - Foil Kit

Drill & a block of wood.



2 comments: